29 Jan Make your morning wedding preparations look beautiful
Debs and Sam tied the know in Great Fosters were they used the beautiful orangery for the ceremony and the bridal suite for the bridal preparations. Debs was into the details, her room was immaculate when we arrived, she made sure everything was in its right place in her room and it didn’t look messy or cluttered. I’m sure this was guided by her photographer Julia and it was a breath of fresh air to film in.
This is one of the things that always grates us at weddings, the prep rooms look amazing and then the bridal party gets in there and its pretty much trashed with all the stuff. We totally understand, its a busy day and schedules are tight but we want your films to look as beautiful as possible. Planning a little before the day will help everything fall into place on the day and your film will thank you for it!
Take some hints from Debs and Sams film – along with the location being stunning Debs was meticulous with planning and it showed!
- Think about the location of your morning prep – will it look good in the pics and film?
- Will your hair and makeup artists have enough room for you to have photographer and videographer move around?
- Declutter the room of everyone’s ‘stuff’ even ask the make artist to be clean and tidy
- Give the bridesmaids a job to do so you are less stressed – that’s what they’re for!!!
- Is there a good window light for makeup, this is key to great look photographs and video
- Plan the timings of the morning, who gets dressed when you don’t want stressed bridesmaids and you want to look fabulous in the shots
- Make sure the bridal party s dressed before you, they then look great when getting you into your dress or outfit
- How about matching or colour coded dressing gowns or PJ’s?
- Don’t leave getting into the dress too late! Leave more than enough time – it always takes longer than you think!
- Are you doing a ‘first look’ with Dad? Maybe have a chat with him before so he is comfortable with the cameras